Effective date: January 1, 2020
WE TAKE PRECAUTIONS WITH USER INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA. We value our users and respect your privacy.
This Website is operated by Allstar Innovations (“we/our/us”). “You/your” means you as a user of the Website. “User” means all users of this Website. We offer this Website, including all information, tools and services available from this Website, to you conditioned upon your acceptance of all the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
Information about our data collection during the prior 12 months is described below.
You can access, delete and control certain uses of your information as set forth in the “Opt-Out” and “Rights to Your Information” sections below.
Categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information and other information about you such as your name, telephone number, email address and physical address and demographic information.
- Financial information, product information, including credit card information.
- Online identifiers such as username, cookies, hashed email addresses, mobile device IDs including advertising identifiers, IP address, type of browser, operating system, date and time information and other technical information about your computer and browsing information.
Sources of such Personal Information:
- Collected from you directly through the Website or from your communications with us.
- Collected from you directly when you purchase our products through the Website.
- Collected by us when you visit our Website or interact with online advertisements, and from our partners who collect the information from you directly when you visit our partners’ sites or use our partners’ search engines.
Business Purpose for such Personal Information:
- We use such information to provide you our products and services, process and communicate with you about your orders, respond to inquiries we receive from you, send you marketing communications and as otherwise described in “Use of Your Personal Information” below.
- We use such information to provide you our products and services, and process your orders.
- We use such information to improve our Website and services, to deliver targeted advertising about goods and services that may be of interest to you, to assist anti-fraud services and as otherwise described in “Use of Your Personal Information” below.
Categories of Third Parties with whom information is shared:
- We share such information with our service providers and as otherwise described in “Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties” below.
- We share such information with our service providers to process your order.
- We share such information with our service providers, affiliates and advertising partners, sell this information to our customers and as otherwise described in “Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties” below.
1. Information We Collect From You
We will ask you for certain kinds of personal information (“Personal Information”) to provide the services you request. This information includes:
Ordering – When you place an order we ask for your name, address, phone number and email address. You may be required to provide credit card details. We will never share your credit card details with any other party except to process your order. By placing an order with us your information may be stored with us.
Email List – When you place an order, you will be added to our email list. You will have the option to be removed from our email list by clicking the “unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
Calls to Customer Service/Participation in Promotions/Sweepstakes or Surveys- If you call our Customer Service center or participate in one of our promotions or sweepstakes or user surveys, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests or product preferences.
2. Information We Collect Automatically or From Others
2.1 Through your use of this Website, we may also collect certain information from you that does not directly identify you as an individual. It is measured anonymously and only in the aggregate.
2.3 We may also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “web beacons” or “clear gifs”), which are tiny graphic images, on the Website. Pixel tags help us analyze Users’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our advertising and marketing. We may also use other analytical tools to evaluate site performance through the use of aggregated data, which does not directly identify you. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
2.4 Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools that we may use on the Website may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to the Website. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
2.5 Cookies, pixel tags, and/or other analytical tools in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
2.6 We may also work with businesses that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
2.7 We may combine the information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other analytical tools with other information we may have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our Website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
2.8 We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including:
to complete your purchase transactions
to provide the services you request
to keep you informed about the status of your orders
to identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you
to notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
to improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall Website experience
to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means
4. Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties
4.1 We may share, sell or trade your Personal Information gathered online with third parties. We may contribute to or participate in cooperative databases, which give other companies access to such Personal Information.
4.2 We may disclose your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of Users of this Website or the public.
4.3 We may also disclose your Personal Information to outside individuals and/or companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer and to create, operate, and maintain our Website. For example, we may work with third parties to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service; (g) provide product fulfillment and shipping services; and (h) provide other services designed to assist us in developing and running our Website and maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep all information shared with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations to us.
4.4 In addition, if we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
4.5 Our Website may allow users to post comments and other content to our Website. Any Personal Information that you post to our Website will become public information and will be accessible by other users of the Website. In addition and if applicable, your user name will be viewable by other users, and we therefore encourage you to use a user name that is not your actual name. We have no responsibility to maintain the privacy or security of any such Personal Information that you may choose to post to our Website.
5. Sales of Information
We may sell your Personal Information to third parties, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (See the “Opt-Out” and “Rights to Your Information” sections below).
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the categories of Personal Information in the chart set forth above.
6. Your Security
6.1 We strive to keep your Personal Information private and safe. We take commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security of Personal Information collected, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information, so please do not send us your credit card number by email.
6.2 We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of the Website to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of the Website. Once you have entered, the page address (URL) will change from “http” to “https” to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
6.3 Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit through the Website, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Links to Other Websites
7.1 While visiting the Website, you may link to websites operated by third parties or you may have come to the Website using a link found in another website. This does not mean that we endorse these websites or the goods or services they provide. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website that may be linked to the Website. Such other websites are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information, products or activities.
8. Social Networking Services
The Website may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your Personal Information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve information that can identify you from your device without your knowledge.
10. Rights to Your Information
If you reside in California or in a jurisdiction that provides similar rights, under CCPA or applicable law, you have specific rights regarding your Personal Information. This section describes the rights that you have under CCPA, or other state laws as applicable, and explains how to exercise those rights.
• Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights” below), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information to you. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights” below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records. However, we may retain Personal Information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraud or illegal activity.
• Exercising Access and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by:
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information (including your full name, address, product purchased, order number) that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative.
We will respond to consumer requests in a reasonably timely manner. If we require extra time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In order to protect the security of your Personal Information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will vary depending on the nature of the request. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the Personal Information that we already have.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. We are not obligated to provide the information set forth above under “Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold” more than twice in a 12-month period.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
• Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 and less than 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Alternatively, you may submit an opt-out request by emailing us at email@example.com.
• Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
8. “Spoofing” And “Phishing”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting Personal Information from you. Please be aware that we will not send you any emails requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other Personal Information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email.
9. Children and Privacy
10. Your California Privacy Rights
11. Disclosure for Legal Purposes
You hereby authorize us to disclose any of your Personal Information pursuant to judicial and administrative proceedings and to law enforcement or government agencies if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate. You also authorize us to disclose Personal Information if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the event of an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with the Website, such as fraud, misrepresentation, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may put us at risk for liability.
12. Non-Confidential Information
We do not want you to send to us any confidential or proprietary information through email or otherwise. Any information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be considered non-confidential, and by submitting the same to us, you are giving us the absolute right to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute the information for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you. However, we will not use your name unless we are required by law to identify the source of the materials, information, suggestions, ideas or comments, or unless we first obtain your permission.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security at the Website, please write to Allstar Products Group, PO Box 241, Hawthorne NY 10532 and include your name, address and email address in the message. If you do not receive a response from us within 30 days, please send us another letter as your original correspondence may not have been received.